Sanjay Lodha is a Professor at the Department of Political Science, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur. He was educated at the Mohan Lal Sukhadia University Udaipur and Jawaharlal University, New Delhi.
Dr. Lodha’s research interests include Foreign Policy and International Relations, Political processes and development issues in India, and the dynamics on the State politics in Rajasthan.
Articles in Journals/Newspaper
- Fighting Corruption: A Comparative Study of Civil Society Initiatives for Securing Freedom of Information in Nigeria and India, Vol. 12, July-Dec 2007 No.2 Madhya Pradesh Journal of Social Sciences.
- Rajasthan: India Shines as BJP Trounces Congress, Economic and Political Weekly, VolXXXIX, No.51, Dec18, 2004
- Janmat Sarvekshna aur Chunav: Katipaya Prashna, Mool Prashna, June 2004
- Kyon Koi Lare Bhrashtachar Se, Mool Prashna, August 2002
- Atankwad: Artha aut Vikalp, Mool Prashna, 2001
- Bhrashtachar : Saiadhantik aur Vyavharik Ayam, Mool Prashna, March 2001
- Post 73rd Amendment Women Partcipation in Panchayati Raj System in Rajasthan, Tribe Special Annual Issue 2000
- Pratyaksha Loktantra aur Gram Sabha: Samasya aur Samadhan, Tribe Special Annual Issue 2000
- Caste and Two Party System ,Election 1999 : Rajasthan Economic and Political Weekly, Nov.Dec.-3,99 Vol. 34, No.48
- "A Status Report on the Evolution of Panchayati Raj in MP" Ujjain, August, 1999.
- A Report on the Regional Colloquium on Panchayati Raj MP Journal of Social Sciences Sept. 1998
- Bhartiya Loktantra Ke Panch Dashak Mool Prashan July, 1997.
- Bharat Mein Sajha Rajniti Mool Prashan Jan. 1997
- Panchyati Raj Vyawstha Me (Translation in Hindi). Sudhar : Katipay Sujhav Mool Prashan Sept. 1996
- India : The Fourth Great Power Mool Prashan July, 1996 (Translation in Hindi).
- Bharat-Cheen Sambandh : Ek Yatharathvadi Drishtikon Mool Prashan July, 1996
Books –Authored/ Edited
- Samkalin Rajnti ke Pramukh Ayam ed Arun Chaturvedi and Sanjay Lodha, Panchsheel Prakashan, Jaipur , 2008
- India and America: A Few Critical Issues ed., Sanjay Lodha, Arun Chaturvedi and Gurcharan Kaur, Mangaldeep Publications, Jaipur, 2006.
- Bharat mein Manav Adhikar, ed Sanjay Lodha and Arun Chaturvedi, Panchsheel Prakashan, Jaipur, 2005
- Indian Foreign Policy and the Emerging World Order (ed.)Print Well Publishers, Jaipur 1998
- Africa in the 21st Century (ed.) Print Well Publishers, Jaipur 1998
- The Communist Tug-of-War in Indo China, Print Well Publishers, Jaipur 1997
Articles in Edited Books
- Caste Politics and Hindu Nationalism in a Closed Society: Limits of Electoral Politics in Rajasthan. Ed BS Brar, Ashutosh Kumar and Ronki Ram, Globalization and the Politics of Identity in India, Pearson Publications, New Delhi, 2008.
- Understanding Corruption: Nature, Meaning, Cost ad Combat Strategies, in Exploring the Social Frontier ed Yogesh Atal and DC Sah Rawat Publications, 2007
- Constructing A Gandhian Challenge to Globalisation, in South Asia Today ed Gopal Singh and Ramesh Chauhan South Asia Today, Anamika Publishers, 2005
- Loktantra, Chunav aur Matdata ke Adhikar, in Bharat mein Manav Adhikar, ed Sanjay Lodha and Arun Chaturvedi, Panchsheel Prakashan, Jaipur, 2005
- Good Governance and Civil Society Interface: Implications for Democracy in India, in Good Governance, Globalization and Civil Society ed. BM Sharma and RS Barhat, Rawat Publications, Jaipur, 2004
- Election Finance Reforms: Between A Ceiling and A Floor, in Electoral reforms in India ed. Anjoo Sharan Upadhyaya, Concept Publications, New Delhi,
- Pratyaksha Prajatantra aur Gram Sabha: Samasya aur Samadhan, in Bharat mein Panchayati Raj ed. Veddan Sudhir, Arun Chaturvedi and Giriraj Sharma, Himanshu Publications, Udaipur 2004
- Hindi Translation of Panchayati Raj Training Manual: Empowering Panchayats Handbook for Master Trainers: Using Participatory Approach, Concept Publication, New Delhi 2003.
- Panchayati Raj Training Modules 1-11, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi 2001
- Status of Panchayats in Rajasthan, in Panchayati Raj in India ed. G Palanithurai, Concept Publishers, Vol.II New Delhi 2002
- National and State Election Study in collaboration with CSDS, Delhi since 1998. Lok Sabha, 1998 CSDS and India Today.
- National Election Audit, Lok Sabha, 1999, CSDS and Election Commission.
- State and Society Project, University of Bangalore and University of Ohio, 2000.
- World Values Survey Project, University of Bangalore and University of Michigan, 2001.
- Panchayati Raj Training, Modules Project, RGF and Ford Foundation, New Delhi, 2001.
- ICSSR Major Research Project entitled ‘Ensuring Transparency and Accountability through Gram Sabha –A Case study of State and Civil Society Initiatives’ 2003 onwards.
- Visited Nigeria for three months during Oct-Dec 2004 on a South-South Exchange Programme between CSDS, New Delhi and Centre for Democracy and Development, Lagos funded by Ford Foundation. Worked on the Freedom of Information campaign in Nigeria and presented a seminar.
- Visited USA on the Full Bright Programme at the Department of Religious Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara, from June 18th to August 1, 2005.
- State Coordinator, IBN-CSDS State of the Nation Survey 2006 onwards.
- Principal Investigator in Rajasthan, IDS-DRC For the Future State, Informal Local Governance Institutions, State and Public Action in Asia, 2007 onwards.
- State Coordinator, People’s Right to Information Assessment Study, CSDS-RAAG-TISS-NCPRI, 2008
- Life member, Indian Political Science Association
- Life member , Rajasthan Political Science Association
- State Co-ordinator, Lokniti , CSDS Delhi
- Member , Peoples Union for Civil Liberties
- Secretary, JANBODH, Institute for Social and Cultural Research.