Phone & Fax : 0755-6611135
Jagran Lakecity University, Chandanpura, Bhopal
Dr. Sandeep Shastri is a Political Scientist who is the Vice Chancellor of the Jagran Lakecity University at Bhopal. He is also the National Coordinator of the Lokniti network. His research is largely in the field of a) Election Studies b) Federalism; c) Innovation in Teaching; and d) Survey based research. He has to his credit 13 Books, more than 60 articles in Edited Books & over 100 articles in refereed Research Journals, besides more than 300 articles in Op Ed pages of newspapers.
He is associated with several prestigious international research bodies in the field of social sciences and education. He has been an International Consultant associated with the Forum of Federations for its Federal Democracy Capacity Building Programme in the Sudan, South Sudan and Myanmar. He is on the Executive Committee of two important Research Committees of the International Political Science Association connected to the study of Electoral Systems and Governance. Dr. Shastri played a key role in drafting the Karnataka Youth Policy by serving as the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Policy. Dr. Shastri has lectured extensively across the world and spoken at Universities in more than 30 countries in all the six inhabited continents.
·`Working Democracy Amidst Continued Inequality: Does South Asia Represent a Paradox? ` Panorama. Konrad Adenauer Stiftung. 2021: 82-92.
· "Multicultural Workplace: Analysis of intercultural communication challenges" (coauthored) Journal of Humanities and Social Science studies, January 2021
·`Special Section on Politics and Society Between Elections` (co-authored) Studies in Indian Politics 8(2) 131-4. December 2020.
· “The Modi Factor in the 2019 Lok Sabha Election: How Critical Was It to the BJP Victory?” Studies in Indian Politics, Volume 7, Issue 2, 206-18, 2019
· The 2019 Lok Sabha Verdict (co-authored) Economic and Political Weekly54:32:17-8, August 10,2019
· BJP’s Southern Comfort: Success in Karnataka (co-authored) Economic and Political Weekly, 54:31:10-4, August 3,2019
· How do South Asians see Democracy and Authoritarianism Asia Dialogue13 May 2019
· Democratic Practice: Paradigm Shift in Indian Politics (co-authored) Indian Journal of Human Relations 52:2:2018
· Performance Contracting: Enhancing Employee Performance. Madhya Pradesh Journal of Social Science 23:1:14-33.
· Indian Democracy’s Alter Ego, Biblio: 23:1-3:36 January-March2018.
· `The Contest in Context` in A New India: The Current Political Dominance of the BJP, SEMINAR. November 2017(co-authored)
Articles in Edited Volume
·`India’s Development Path: Implications for the Democratic Future of the Developing World` in Yun-Han Chu and Youngnian Zeng, `The Decline of the Western Centric World and the Emerging New Global Order: Contending Views`. Routledge, 2021. ISBN 9780429288272
·`Governance and Human Development in Karnataka ` in `Karnataka Human Development Report`. Government of Karnataka 2019
·`Karnataka: Emerging Patterns in National and State-level Elections` in Ashutosh Kumar et.al. (eds) How India Votes: A State-by-state Look, OBS, New Delhi, 2018/9
·`Opposition and Parliamentary Accountability: Who sets the Agenda? ` In Ajay K.Mehra (ed) The Indian Parliament and Democratic Transformation, Routledge, 2017.
· `The Modi Factor in 2014` in Palshikar, Kumar and Lodha (eds), Electoral Politics in India: Resurgence of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Routledge, 2017
·`South Asia: An Arm’s Length Embrace of Democracy `in Denmark, Mattes and Niemi (eds), Growing Up Democratic: Does it Make a Difference? Lynn Reiner, 2016. (Coauthored – first author)
· Republic of India: Emergence of a Competitive Party System and Civil Society Space` in Renszch, Detterberg and Kincaid (eds), Political Parties and Civil Society in Federal Countries , New York, Oxford University Press, 2015.
·`Social Entrepreneurship – Building Sustainability through Business Models and Measurement of Social Impact` in Manimala and Wasdani (eds), Entrepreneurship Ecosystem: Perspectives from Emerging Economies, Delhi, 2015
· `The Role of the Rajya Sabha in the Indian Federal Polity`, in Subhash Kashyap (ed) Constitutional History of India: Federalism, Elections, Government and Rule of Law, New Delhi: Centre for Studies in Civilization. 2015
· Karnataka 2008-09: BJP Penetrates the South, in Palshikar (ed) in Party Competition in Indian States, New Delhi, OUP 2014.
· Party System and Democracy in India: Distinctive features at the National, State and Local Level, in Ajay Mehra (ed), Party System in India: Emerging Trajectories. New Delhi, Lancer, 2013
· Lal Bahadur Shastri: Politics and Beyond. New Delhi: Rupa and Co. 2019
· State of Democracy in South Asia (co-authored with Suhas Pakshikar and Sanjay Kumar) Jain University Press. 2017.
· Karnataka Youth Policy, Government of Karnataka, December 2012
· Karnataka Politics: The Road taken… The Journey Ahead. Jain University Press. Bengaluru 2011.
· Electoral Politics in Indian States: 2004 Elections and Beyond. Coedited. OUP. Delhi 2009.
· Indian Youth in a Transforming World: Attitudes and Perceptions. Co-edited Sage New Delhi CSDS and KAF. 2009
· Towards Explaining the Voters` Mandate. Bangalore: Vinayaka. 1995.
· Legislative Control over Administration. New Delhi. Uppal. 1993.