Dr. Kushal Pal is the Head of the Department of Political Science, Dyal Singh College, Karnal and has been teaching Post-Graduate classes in it for the last 17 years. He has obtained M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D degrees in Political Science from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. His main area of interest is Indian Politics. He has contributed many research papers to various national and international Journals. Dr. Pal has also organized several National and International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops on the issues of governance and democracy. In addition to these, as a State Coordinator of Lokniti, he has been conducting National Surveys for the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, Delhi since 2009.
Select Publications in Journals
- Dialectics of Democracy and Federalism in India,Journal of International Politics,Vol.3,No.V,Winter and Spring, Tehran, Iran 2010.
- Integraing India Through Invisible Hands:Indian Diaspora Looks After Motherland,Indian Journal of Political Science,Volume LXXI,No-4,Oct-Dec.,2010.
- Haryana: Congress Retains its Electoral Supremacy”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XIV, No. 39, September 26 to October 2009.
- “Dynamics of Party System and Formation of Coalition Government in India”, Indian Journal of Political Science, Meerut Vol. LXIX, No. 2, April-June 2008.
- “The Parliamentary and Assembly Election in Haryana: Convergence and Divergence”, Journal of Government & Political Studies, Department of Political Science Punjabi University, Patiala Vol. XXXI, Issue No.2, March 2008, pp. 87-97.
- Reviewed Book “Politics of Sharing Power” by Raghuvinder Tanwar and published in Journal of Haryana Studies, Vol. XXXI, 1999, No. 182
Selected Publications in Edited Books
- “Evolution of Coalition Politics in India” in the book edited by Dr.Ranpal Singh and Tejvir Singh, Dynamics of Party System and Coalition Governments in India, Alfa Publications, New Delhi,2012.
- “Bhagat Singh: As an Ideologue,” in the book edited by Gian Singh, Swaraj Katha: Swatantra Aandolan Me Haryana, Chaudhary Ranbir Singh Shodhpeeth, MDU Rohtak, 2012.
- Arshi Khan & Kushal Pal (ed.) Federalism, Democracy and Conflict Resolution, Macmillan Publishers India Ltd. Delhi , 2012