Dr. E. Venkatesu teaches in the department of Political Science, University of Hyderabad since 2011. He did under graduation from AP Residential Degree College, Nagarjuna Sagar, M.A., from JNU and M.Phil and PhD from University of Hyderabad. Participated in CSDS National Election Studies and three weeks workshop on Democratic Theory and Empirical Research (2000). He was fellow Naandi Foundation-SRTT, worked as training and research coordinator in Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty (Andhra Pradesh), which has been implementing rural poverty reduction project with the support of World Bank. Assistant Professor, Centre for Panchayati Raj, National Institute of Rural Development (2004-2011). He has been associated in training the elected public representatives, officials of local government across Asia, Africa and Latin America and civil society organizations on public policy and governance.
- Visited Norway as a Member in the delegation led by Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, Govt., of India, from 12-16 September, 2010.
Programme Coordinator of the NACRC:
- National Advisory-cun-Review Committee on Backward Regions Grant Fund appointed by Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India under the Chairmanship of Shri. V. Ramachandran, Acting Chairman of Second Administrative Reforms Commission.
- Building of Model Villages through PRIs- A Case Study of Jegurupadu (2010)
- Functioning of Standing Committees in PRIs-A Study of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal (2009)
- Management of Elementary Education through Panchayat Raj Institutions- A
- Comparative Study of AP, MP and UP (2008)
- Panchayat Raj Institutions and Decentralized Delivery of Services with specific reference to health and education (2007)
- Implementation of Right to Information Act in PRIs (2006)
- Establishing Transparent, Accountable and Responsive Governance through Participation of non-party political organizations in local body elections- A Study of MKSS in Rajasthan (2006).
- The Process of Democratic Decentralization-India’s Experience, UGC sponsored project 92011-12)
- State of Democracy in South Asia, Lokniti CSDS, New Delhi (2013)
- Grassroots Politics in India, New Delhi, Serials Publications, 2010
- Panchayats and Building of Model Villages (under publication).
- Democracy and Development: a backward castes perspective, 2004
- Empowerment of Backward Classes, 1999
- Standing Committees in Panchayat Raj Institutions- A Comparative Analysis of Indian States, CIRDAP Development Digest, issue 121, September 2010
- Panchayat Raj Institutions and Issues in Decentralized Delivery of Services-A field based study of Gujarat. Indian Journal of Political Science, Vol.LXX, No.3, July- September 2009, CIRDAP.
- Occupational Cooperatives-All but defunct, Economic and Political Weekly, 14th August 2004, Vol (39), No 33
- Backward Castes in a Dominant Castes Ruling State, Indian Journal of Human Rights, December 2004, Vol, 7, no 1&2
- Backward Castes and Process of Mobilization in Andhra Pradesh, Indian Journal of Political Science, April-June 2005, vol. LXVI, No.2.
- State Policies towards the Empowerment of Backward Castes in Andhra Pradesh, Indian Journal of Political Science, July-September, 2006, Vol LXVII, No3.
- Presented & Participated in 20 National & International Seminars/Conferences & Workshops
- Expertise in Democratic Decentralization, Panchayati Raj Institutions and Service Delivery, Right to Information and Social Audit, Gram Sabha, Capacity Building of Elected Public Representatives
- Rural Development, Public Administration, Public Policy Affirmative Action Policy