Biswajit Mohanty is Assisstant Professor in the Department of Political Science, Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi and Delhi co-ordinator of NES 2009. He has completed his doctoral research on politics of rehabilitation with the Indravati hydroelectric project in Orissa as a case study. He is currently engaged in a two year UGC sponsored Major Research Project on Empirico-Interpretative study of the General Elections 2009.
- (2000), Vandana Mahajan and Biswajit Mohanty, , A Study to Understand the Community Participation Processes In PEEP, Delhi, National Institute of Urban Affairs, New Delhi.
- (2005) Bibliography on Governance, Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi.
- (2005) ‘Beyond Specularity’, Creative Forum, Volume 18, no.1. January-June, New Delhi.
- (2006) ‘Consumer and Law: an interdisciplinary perspective’ www.du.ac.in.
Short-term Research Projects:
- (2006), worked as a consultant to the ‘Drivers of Change in Orissa’ Project of GHK International, London.
- (2007), consultant to Overseas Development Institute, London/Hyderabad, for a project on Scoping Study on Circular Migration in India and Vietnam.
As a fellow in Institute of life Long Learning, University of Delhi, he is engaged in creating e-content on Political Science for undergraduate students of the University.