Current Affiliation :
Working as Reader and Head, Department of Political Science and Public Administration and Incharge Director Women’s Studies and Development Centre, Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur (www.ggu.ac.in)
Dr. Anupama Saxena works mainly on Public Policy Analysis. She is presently engaged in researching Information Communication Technologies and Water Policies in the context of Developing Countries. She is also engaged in developing gender evaluation methodologies for Policy Evaluations
Recent Articles in Professional / Refereed journals
- (2009) Chhattisgarh: an emphatic Win for the BJP, Economic & Political Weekly (EPW) September 26, 2009 vol xliv no 39,pp 125-127, ISSN 0012-9976
- (2010) Rural e-governance: Exploring the gender gaps and its impact on women (A case study of e-gram suraj(e-good local self governance) scheme of Chhattisgarh State of India), published in International Journal of Community Informatics , Vol 5, No 3-4, ISSN: 1712-4441, Open Access Journal
- (2011) Exploring Gender Gaps In E-Governance, book chapter in the book titled Global Strategy and Practice of e-Governance: Examples from Around the World, IGI publisher, USA, ISBN13: 978-1-60960-489-9.
- Challenges in Converting to ICTs Based Public Services in Bilaspur City, India, Journal of E-Governance, Amsterdam, Netherlands, ISSN 1878-7673, Accepted.
- Challenges in Converting to ICTs Based Public Services in Bilaspur City, India, Journal of E-Governance, Amsterdam, Netherlands, ISSN 1878-7673, Accepted
- (2008)E-Governance in India: From Policy to Reality, a Case Study of Chhattisgarh Online Information System for Citizen Empowerment (Choice) Project of Chhattisgarh State of India Published in International Journal of Electronic Government Research, Vol. 4, Issue 2, 2008 pp. 12-26 pages ISSN:ISSN 1548-3886; E-ISIIISN: 1548-3894 complete paper available online at http://www.igi-pub.com/articles/details.asp?ID=7805 ISSN 1548-3886.
- (2007)Linguistic and Cultural Identities in Information Age: Some Observations” published in “South Asian Journal of Social Political Science 2007VOL 7 No 2 Jan-Jun 2007 , Pages 91-94 ,ISSN 0972-4613, abstract available online at http://sajospsindia.com/June%202007.htm, also abstracted and indexed in International Political Science Abstracts, Paris GIPL, AIILSG and CMRD of NIRD.
- (2007)ICT in Government: Requisites for Transition to E-Governance in India' Published in “E-Gov” considered as Asia’s First and only magazine on E-Governance. Volume 1 issue 7 May 2007 pages:7-10 complete article available online at http://www.egovonline.net
- (2006)‘Gender and ICT Policies and Programmes in an Indian State’ co authored with Dr.Malathi Subramanian, published in the first global encyclopedia on “Gender and ICT” published by IGI Publishers USA, ISBN 1-59140-815-6 AND ISBN 1-59140-816-4 ,2006 Pages 411-416 The details are available at: Republished in (2007) Information Communication Technologies: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications (6 Volumes) Published by IGI Publishers USA
- (2006)“Status of Women in Chhattisgarh” in “Samaj Vaigyaniki, A journal of Association of Indian Social Science Institutions. ISSN 0973-4201 , Vol VIII March 2006 , Pages 7-13
- (2005)‘E-Governance for Good Governance: The Indian Context” in Indian Journal of Political Science.pages 313-328 ISSN 0019-5510 abstract available online at http://www.ijps.net/Anupama%20Saxena.html
Recent Articles in Edited Volumes
- (2009) Exploring the gender gaps in rural e-governance : A case study of E-Gram Suraj Project in Chhattisgarh, Published in the compendium on e-governance in India Published by Department of Administrative Reforms , Government of India
- (2007)“Information Technology and Gender: Taiwan and India” in a book titled “Taiwan Today” published by Anthem Press 2007 Pages 174-187 ISBN 13:978 1 84331 746 3
Monographs, Occasional Papers and Commentaries
- (2009) “Impact Assessment Framework for EDUSAT Network In India” invited talks delivered at Social Science Research Division of Indian Space Research Organization ( ISRO) on 24th and 25th August 2009.
- Women Entrepreneurs in Chhattisgarh : An Analysis,2005, Published by Women ‘s Studies and Development Centre, Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur
CD Presentation on Status of Women In Chhattisgarh on development indicators available at
Research Projects completed
- (2009) Contributed to a study on “National Election Study India 2009” In collaboration with Centre For Studies of Developing Societies New Delhi
- (2008) Gender Evaluation of E gram Suraj Scheme of Chhattisgarh State of India , in partnership with Association for Progressive Communications, funded by International Development Research Centre, Canada
- (2006) Contributed to a study titled ‘A multi State Study on the Socio–Economic Status of Women with Disability and their access to government policies and programmes in India, Jointly sponsored by United Nation Development Programme and Government of India with Prof Asha Hans , Former Professor and Head of Department of Political Science, Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar.
- (2005) Completed a project titled ‘Gender Mainstreaming of ICT Policies and Programmes : A case study of Chhattisgarh State Of India , Sponsored by Gender Caucus of World Summit On Information Society jointly with Dr. Malathi Subramanian, University of Delhi.
- (2002) Completed a project titled “Dalit Leadership In Grampanchayatas: A case study of Chhattisgarh”, sponsored by PRIA, NEW DELHI
- (2001) Completed a short study (Two Months) on “Role of Information Technilogy in rural development in Malaysia” while staying at Multi Media University Malaysia during sabbatical leave under the supervision of Prof. Ewe Wang Tat, Dean, Information Technology, MMU, Cyberjaya, Malayisa
- (1997)Completed a research project titled “Structural functional study of Gram Panchayatas in Bilaspur District” funded under UGC minor research grant scheme.
Research Project Ongoing
|Gender Evaluation of Water Policies in context of Industrialization: A case Study of Chhattisgarh State of India, Sponsored under major research project scheme of University Grants Commission New Delhi