Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, Delhi
Positions for Faculty
The Centre for the Study of Developing Societies invites applications for the following regular positions:
- Professor - Total Positions- 5
- (General -3, SC-1, ST-1) (Scale: 37400-67000, AGP 10000)
- History of Political Ideas
- Genealogies/Ethnographies of Inclusion and Exclusion
- Associate Professor -Total Positions- 2
- (General -1, SC-1) (Scale: 37400-67000, AGP 9000)
- Intellectual History of Modern India
- Democracy, Inequality and Social Policy
- Social Conflict and Identity Politics
Assistant Professor- Total Position-1 (Reserved for OBC) (Scale: 15600-39100, AGP 6000)
- Democratic Politics and its Futures
- Culture, Media and Information
- History of Public Policy
- Social Justice: Inclusion and Exclusion
Scholars working on themes other than those mentioned above may also apply.
The essential qualifications for the positions are:
Professor: Doctoral degree or equivalent published work in the relevant field and research/teaching experience of 15 years.
Associate Professor: Doctoral degree or equivalent published work in the relevant field and research/teaching experience of 8 years.
Assistant Professor: Good academic record with doctoral degree or equivalent published work. In addition, the desirable qualifications for all the positions are demonstrated capacity to undertake
The number of vacancies advertised is indicative and is liable for change (decrease or increase) without any notice.
Ms. Jayasree Jayanthan, Administrative Officer Phone: 23942199, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
high quality, independent research in social science. The evidence of published work of high quality shall be considered more important than formal academic record, degrees or experience.
Preference: Preference will be given to women and differently abled candidates.
Preference will also be given to scholars having proficiency in and working with Indian language materials and have reasonable bilingual skills (one Indian language other than English).
Selection Procedure: The short-listed candidates will be required to appear for an interview with the Selection Committee preceded by a public presentation.
The Selection Committee is free to consider scholars who may not have applied, or may not appear for the interview.
Application: Applications specifying the position applied for can be sent by courier or post to the ‘Director, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, 29 Rajpur Road, Delhi 110054’ or by email to the Administrative Officer on email@example.com
The application must be accompanied by:
- Curriculum Vitae including academic record and a full list of publications (copies of certificates not required at this stage)
- Two samples (chapters from the book or research articles) of published work
- A short statement (of about 500 words) of current and proposed research
- Names and addresses of three referees
Faxed applications shall not be entertained.
Last date for receipt of applications: Friday 23 February 2018
To know more about the objectives and research activities of the CSDS, please log into the website www.csds.in